I do not take credit for this photography.
On the 19th March, 2018, I turned 22. It’s no surprise it was a complete birthday come down considering last year I spent my 21st birthday in DISNEYLAND PARIS!!! This year, the 19th fell on a Monday, meaning I spend the day in university – fun! …NOT!
Naturally, I spent the days leading up to my birthday reflecting on my life so far, and where I would like to be in a year from now. This is a list of 22 things I have learned by the age of 22!
- If I do not end up working in the fashion industry, my course has been the biggest achievement of my life so far, and I will always be thankful for that.
- I would live anywhere else in the UK other than London.
- I am not someone who enjoys the gym, no matter how much I wish I did.
- Roaccutane is the best and worst drug I have ever experienced, but the results make up for the side effects in the end.
- I actually want children(!!!). I’ve spent my whole life not wanting children, but within the last year the clock has started ticking and it’s all I can think about when I envisage the future.
- I find it really difficult to find ‘boy’ names I like for a future child of mine.
- I want to see the world, but I need to remember there is no rush, no rush at all.
- I wanted to start a youtube channel when I was 16, it could’ve lead me down a different life path completely but there is a part of me that still wishes I did.
- I HATE LEMON FLAVOURED THINGS. In particularly; lemon juice, lemon cake, lemon candles, lemon sorbet etc, etc.
- The Big Bang Theory and Friends will never get old!
- Don’t set your hopes too high for tv finales – Pretty Little Liars was SO RUBBISH!
- People in life don’t always put as much effort into friendships as you do. This doesn’t mean they’re horrible people, BUT if they don’t make you happy, you’re not out-of-order to let go of them. (Does that make sense???)
- Learning to drive is pretty important, even though I did not listen to anyone that told me that when I was 17.
- I loveeeee family more than anything in this world, family come first, always.
- I like really girly chick-flicks, and that doesn’t make me any less ‘cool’.
- Earrings can be so fun, be brave and have fun with them gurllllll.
- Fashion design is not necessarily about designing for what you would wear personally, but about the brand and what would sell.
- Birthdays are a big deal, anyone that doesn’t make you feel special on your day are not worth your time.
- I’m a pretty great Auntie to my Niece and I can’t wait to be equally great to my future Nephew (Due: 30th August)
- TAKE TIME FOR SELF CARE.
- I feel empathy for others more than I think is normal.
- The song ’22’-Taylor Swift is old now. Noone remembers it exists and will not play it to you on your 22nd birthday 😦
I hope you enjoyed this post.
Thank you so much for reading!